By Kumar Rayaprolu
Following the booklet of the author’s first e-book, Boilers for energy and technique by means of CRC Press in 2009, numerous requests have been made for a reference with even faster entry to info. Boilers: a pragmatic Reference is the results of these requests, delivering a simple encyclopedic structure with greater than 500 entries and approximately an identical variety of assisting illustrations.
Written for practising engineers and working with useful concerns instead of thought, this reference focuses solely on water tube boilers present in procedure industries and gear crops. It offers extensive causes for the subsequent topics:
- A diversity of boilers and major auxiliaries, in addition to steam and fuel turbines
- Traditional firing techniques—grates, oil/gas, and sleek systems
- Industrial, software, waste warmth, MSW and bio-fuel-fired boilers, together with supercritical boilers
- The clinical basics of combustion, warmth move, fluid movement, and more
- The fundamentals of fuels, water, ash, high-temperature steels, structurals, refractory, insulation, and more
- Additional engineering issues like boiler tools, controls, welding, corrosion, and wear
- Air toxins, its abatement options and their impression at the layout of boilers and auxiliaries
- Emerging applied sciences reminiscent of carbon seize, oxy-fuel combustion, and PFBC
This reference covers nearly each subject wanted through boiler engineers in approach and gear crops. An encyclopedia by way of layout and a pro reference e-book via concentration and dimension, this quantity is powerful on basics and layout features in addition to sensible content material. The scope and easy-to-navigate presentation of the fabric plus the various illustrations make this a special reference for busy layout, undertaking, operation, and consulting engineers.
Read or Download Boilers: A Practical Reference PDF
Similar construction technology books
With weather swap and the advance of estate on flood plains, the flooding of constructions has turn into a substantial challenge, either for homeowners and their insurers. This e-book, in accordance with large learn, offers information on the right way to verify and service flood broken properties.
The sixth version of this very popular and vintage textbook has been up to date to mirror ongoing alterations within the box of estate improvement. cognizance is paid to the impression of the worldwide monetary problem at the estate improvement strategy and, additionally, to the expanding relevance of expertise to the valuables occupation.
The first goal of this study undertaking was once to uniquely remodel, improve and validate the continual ultimate blending of rubber compounds utilizing unmarried screw extruder equipment pump mixtures. The thesis describes the advent of novel tools and reconfiguration of ultimate blending as a continuing approach in one screw extruder.
The effect of establishing fabrics and building equipment at the overall healthiness of occupants is frequently underestimated. This e-book is an important consultant to knowing and averting damaging fabrics and bad air caliber in constructions. the writer covers a number of matters starting with a proof of the way constructions paintings and the way this affects the health and wellbeing of occupants and clients.
- Concrete Masonry Designer's Handbook
- Corporate Social Responsibility in the Construction Industry
- Rapid Load Testing on Piles
- Natural Draught Cooling Towers: Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Natural Draught Cooling Towers, Istanbul, Turkey, 20-22 May 2004
Additional resources for Boilers: A Practical Reference
Boilers: A Practical Reference by Kumar Rayaprolu