By Darek Isaacs
Read or Download Can God Create a Rock So Big He Can't Move It? PDF
Best christian theology books
It is a energetic and interesting e-book which explores the reforming impulse from Reformation instances. It follows its historical past from the early church's inner and exterior battles again to Jesus himself. It additionally exhibits how dissent (the refusal to comply to the authority or doctrine of a longtime church) can create a extra open and devoted church at the present time.
Chris Hays and Chris Ansberry interact within the brave activity of unveiling how evangelical students can soberly handle the hot-potato concerns in biblical scholarship, even applicable many severe insights, with no promoting out on what evangelicals routinely think. The members systematically deal with monstrous subject matters like Pentateuchal feedback, pseudepigraphy and canon, issues of prophecy, the ancient Jesus, and exemplify what it capability to perform a sort of 'faithful feedback' in terms of the Bible.
Not often does a brand new theological place emerge to account good for all times on this planet, together with not just goodness and sweetness but additionally tragedy and randomness. Drawing from Scripture, technology, philosophy and diverse theological traditions, Thomas Jay Oord deals a unique theology of providence―essential kenosis―that emphasizes God's inherently noncoercive love relating to production.
The Tragedy of Almightiness encircles the subject matter of human longing for omnipotence, as expressed in faith and numerous ideologies. The significant query revolves round the subject of what--in pursuing such an severe energy of the will--man seeks to accomplish. whereas exploring the query, a thought-provoking hyperlink is made among faith and atheism; among the Biblical eager for God's promise and the Marxist attraction for guy to gain that very same promise.
- Dealings with God: From Blasphemers in Early Modern Zurich to a Cultural History of Religiousness (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Living for the Future: Theological Ethics for Coming Generations
- Eucharist: The Meal and the Word
- The Front-Runner of the Catholic Reformation: The Life and Works of Johann von Staupitz (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Locating Atonement: Explorations in Constructive Dogmatics (Los Angeles Theology Conference Series)
- Kingdom through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants
Additional resources for Can God Create a Rock So Big He Can't Move It?
Can God Create a Rock So Big He Can't Move It? by Darek Isaacs